Monday 3 December 2012

S104 and W200 update

S104 update

Currently 2 weeks ahead of schedule (bar one experiment which needs to be completed for the next TMA).  TMA02 all submitted, due date 5/12.
I found TMA02 relatively straight forward, and thought it was slightly easier than the first one, hopefully that isn't a false sense of security.
Have just completed upto chapter 8 of book 3, to be honest book 3 has been a bit of a struggle.  The maths side of things I am fine with, it is the understanding of the physics which I can't get my head round.  I have only read the chapters once so far so that probably isn't helping.  The difficulty I feel comes from trying  to visualise the actions behind the formulae, all I seem to be doing is figuring out which numbers to plug into where and getting a result - correct result yes, but understanding the equations behind the result - no.  Ah well maybe chemistry and/or biology are more my 'thing'.  Pity because I do like problem solving and maths.
As for icma43 - have messed up on 3 questions already, 2 because I was over confident and not reading the question correctly, 1 because I feel the question wasn't very well worded.  Still have 3 more questions to do before I know the result for that.

I think book 3 seems to be a stumbling block for most people on the course.  There unfortunately have been a number of students who have already dropped out of the course, and even I had a low point while studying book 3, just need to keep on going and remember that this particular part of the course is only for about 3-4 weeks of the whole schedule.

W200

Books arrived on Friday - all I can say is, there are a lot of books - 15 altogether!  (mine are comb bound though so this increases the number of books that have been sent)


Having had a quick look at TMA01, it covers parts of the law that have already been covered in W100, so feeling comfortable at the moment.  Am busy reading the Course guide which in itself is 42 pages long!  And having had a very quick look in the manuals, no pretty pictures and the text is smaller compared to the W100 manuals received last year - lol...... so a lot more reading by the look of things.

Have purchased some books already for next years course:


Still waiting for the results from the W100 EMA, which will hopefully arrive this week sometime (they are officially due on the 14th December).

On a lighter note one of my 'moggies' seems to be taking an interest in my W200 materials already!

No comments:

Post a Comment